In this article we are going to discuss another problem that can affect your carpet. This is a more serious issue, wine stains. You should clean these stains right away to keep them from setting into your carpet and becoming permanent. It is best to have a professional carpet cleaner come out and take care of it for you. But if you are not able to here is a method to help you remove them.
1) Blot up as much of the wine as possible with a
white cloth. Switch to clean portions of the cloth
often, and continue blotting until no more wine
transfers from the carpet.
2) Fill a bowl with 2 cups of warm water. Add 1
tbsp. liquid dish soap and 1 tbsp. white vinegar.
3) Dip a clean white cloth into the cleaning
solution. Sponge it onto the wine stain.
4) Blot the area with a dry white cloth to absorb
the liquid. Alternate blotting with the cleaning
solution and a dry cloth until the spot is gone.
5) Rinse the carpet with a white cloth and plain
water. Blot dry.