Mix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
Mix 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.
- Scoop up and blot as much of the spill as possible, then vacuum up any dry particles.
2. Prepare suggested cleaning solutions above, beginning with the first one listed
3. Test the cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous section of carpet. We want to make sure the solution doesn’t cause any discoloration or damage!
4. Apply the solution to a cloth, and use the cloth to apply the solution to the stain. For the best results, work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
5. Leave the cleaning solution on the spill for at least five minutes, so it can work its magic
6. Blot with a clean white cloth until the stain no longer transfers. Be careful not to rub the stained area, or you might damage the carpet fibers!
7. Rinse the spot with cold water, making sure all excess cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
8. If the stain is still visible, repeat the process until it is removed, or no longer transfers to the cloth.
9.If the stain remains, mix the next solution on the list and follow steps 3-8 above.
10. If the stain remains after trying both solutions, contact a professional cleaner.
11.Once the stain is removed, layer white paper towels on the site to soak up any extra moisture. Weigh down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object (think like a paperweight), and let them sit overnight. When the carpet is dry, vacuum the area to restore the texture.